MDAT S.A. is a joint stock development agency of the local government organizations covering the greater metropolitan urban district of Thessaloniki and other institutions of the wider public sector and city organizations. The Agency works as the design & implementation arm of the local organization & authorities and its main scope is to provide technical support to these institutions in the fields of sustainable development, tourism, transportation and social inclusion, protection and technical assistance to local authorities for strategy development and implementation in these fields. MDAT also coordinates inter municipal projects in those fields and acts as an implementing arm in managing EU and other funds (E.I.B. – E.D.R.B.) as well as financing from other international development organizations. Furthermore, it provides insight to future policymaking initiatives within each of the abovementioned areas. Activities include:
- The scientific, technical and administrative support of the Local Authorities and their associations, shareholders’
- The promotion of business, economic and sustainable development of the Municipalities and institutions
- The development of environmental protection actions
Participation in the management & implementation of programmes and/or the implementation of relevant policies covering an intermunicipal or wider geographical area objectives:
- Technical and management support of the shareholders for the development planning and the fast-track preparation for works and scale projects with significant local inter-municipal and greater municipal impact for funding possibilities, in cooperation with other developmental authorities of the public & social sectors.
- Strategic business planning and development work, for the production and dissemination of design and methodological tools, on the local and supra-regional planning level in the greater urban scale.
- Business planning and development work, for the production and dissemination of design and methodological tools, on the local and supra-regional planning level in the greater urban scale.
- To promote development planning for accessing national, European and other international funding and donation organizations.
- To provide technical assistance to Municipalities of the Greater Urban Area of Thessaloniki and to support the operationalisation of the Municipal Strategy for Integration of Migrants and Refugees focusing on non- formal education, access to formal education, access to the labour market, community engagement and access to housing and combating housing exclusion.
- Please check this webpage for further information.
Paola S. Seremetis
Program Manager, MDAT S.A.